Today was essentially the end of the regular season and would determine the seedings for the playoffs. The top 4 will play for the championship. We needed one win to secure a spot. Unfortunately, we lost the first game 9-7. Our coaches were saving our best pitchers to see if we could win one without using them and saving them for tomorrow. Didn't work out as we gave up too many runs. I, however, had my best game yet going 4-4 with 2 triples and 2 singles. I also had a couple of RBI's. Both triples went to the fence in right center and down the left field line. The picture to the left is me at third sucking wind! Catchers don't get triples...let alone 2 in a game!Our second game was a must win and we came out swinging. 4 runs in the first inning and the game ended up 18-0! I went 1-2 with a walk in this game and another RBI. I have caught all 7 games and still feel pretty good. As a result, Billoney's Sidewinders finished the regular season 5-2 and in first place. We will face the #4 seed team coached by Billy Hatcher in tomorrows first game with the winner facing the winner of #2 vs. #3 in the afternoon game.
Tonight we had another kangaroo court and had some great laughs. The picture to the left is of a player being "arrested" due to a complaint filled by the "lady" who was actually Brad Lesley (former Reds reliever). Great time!I had a very nice conversation with one of my coaches, Jim Maloney, walking back to the clubhouse this afternoon. He was telling me how impressed he was with me this week saying it took a lot to catch all seven games and come through with some good hitting as the week progressed. He told me my head was always in the game and directed the team well. He told me I was his MVP for the team with everything I was doing. I can't tell you how nice that was to hear from a player like Jim.
Well, on to the playoffs tomorrow! Mary is coming out to watch some tomorrow so I hope my team and I do well. Pressure is on!Here I am with Lee May on the left and Jim Maloney on the right. By the way. The boxer we met last night was Jerry Cooney! Pretty cool!
congratulations on your regular season. we were impressed and enjoyed following everything on the blog. keep up the good work. do you recall your first coach that started it all.
ReplyDeleteGlad things are going so well. Hope today's games are good!
ReplyDelete